Monday, March 9, 2009

Palawan Trip - Epilogue

I want to start my memoirs of this trip to Palawan with the Epilogue.

-

It has been a relatively quiet night. People dont mind much of other people's business. Everyone is at peace with what they do and what they have become. Enjoying their own bottle of beer (each one of us, enjoying a different variety). At least, that's what i have observed from the people i last encountered with. And that's what i see in me.

With a bottle of San Miguel Premium in one hand and my mobile phone in the other hand, I realized i have found what i have been looking for in this trip, in this respite from the usual metro jungle and from a much denser forest that is myself. Every gulp is a new experience. And in between, i dont have to be bothered with what do i have to do with the mobile phone im holding. I no longer ask or think, who should i call or txt, what should i say or ask?

I just enjoyed the ice cold beer. Premium. I have gone beyond worrying. Despite being an expert on this, i still find myself an acute paranoid before. Not too big to take seriously, not too small to take for granted. But now is totally different. No longer attached to desire, want, need, like and even dislike which before, still strangely appeal to me. To find oneself, one need to lose himself.

Looking back now, I think it was not the trip. It couldn't be just the trip.

- nonoy

3 comments:

  1. malamang lukayo, kaya hindi ako masyado nasunog(suntanned) dahil parating lango sa alak at di makalabas ng bahay hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Looking back now..."

    parang hindi ko nga maintindihan ano sinulat ko dito at bakit. hehe alam ko lang kakatapos lang namin uminom sa Kinabuch bago ko to isulat, nakigamit lang ko ng connection sa Badjao Inn hehe thanks!

    - nonoy

    ReplyDelete