Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wushu the Dragon





Beh thanks for naming the tattoo, Wushu, my new baby.


Got it on February 14, 2009. Thanks to Gene Testa of Rob Galeria, this gorgeous serpent landed on my tummy. A cover-up of a scar of 8 years.

The Scar

December 8, 2000, my second birthday, i was rushed to the hospital to undergo an exploratory laparatomy. To avoid infection, they have to open my tummy and stitch-up the cut on my umbilical area to avoid further internal bleeding. Apparently, no amount of keloid removal cream can hide it nor a luxury of above-the-belt hair can conceal it. There is only one obvious solution to this. A tattoo.

Dad did not approve of it at first. But late last year when i told him about my plan, he gave his go signal, with a warning not to have more but one. Only on the scar.

The Design

Nothing quite significant for choosing a dragon to take refuge on my bulbous tummy (read: bilbil hehe). First choice was a centipede. Dad got one (among many) on his left forearm, also to cover a scar of his doing. But he suggested not to follow suit and instead put on a dragon for good luck. Centipede, he smarts on me, symbolizes the devil's minion. One in the family is enough, he concludes. I did not ask further and farther.

The day before i got the tattoo, Friday the 13th, I told Gene Testa about my design. He said he'll show me a tribal dragon. (akala ko papakita nya dragon nya hehe joke lang parekoy!) Ayus naman, it sports of an oriental dragon (serpent-like) with a pose ready to strike. Aggressive! This artist knows what he's doing.

Thanks to my Sick-Leave conversion, i got this f*cker needle-painted on my skin. Yes, sobrang masakit! hehe thanks for being with me, kahit sa pono lang, medyo naibsan ang sakit just hearing your voice.

The Name

You said I have to take care of it by applying petroleum jelly before and after shower. Naks! And you named it Wushu, after the dragon sidekick of Mulan. Chinese ba talaga yun beh o French? hehe

The Date

There could be no better date than valentines day. First, I dont have a date. Why? because, second, that was the weekend when you are going home and talk to your girlfriend about the closure i've been asking. Yun ang pinakamahabang weekend para sa akin. The pain of getting a tattoo would help to forget what's going on. Dami pumasok sa isip ko nun beh. What if mali hinala ng friends mo? What if she wants you back? Not wanting to let you go... I was on mental labor. In pain, under and over my skin. Until you said you're going back to Malibay. You have talked and reached a closure. Parang nanganak ako bigla nung binalita mo yun. Nawala lahat yung takot at sakit. Nakalimutan ko.


Honestly beh. I shed a few tears for having Wushu and for finally having you for keeps. Now, I'm a mother to a dragon tattoo. And next to your dad, now I'm the man of your life.

- nonoy
PS if not for that fortune night i asked about your tattoo, we would have not meet at all...

3 comments:

  1. mangengealam ako ha? Hehehehe.... Mushu po ang pangalan ng dragon ni Mulan. Hehehehe... Wushu po ay isang sport... at isang baklush na expression of disbelief... Wushu! Di nga?

    Hehehehehe

    PAkelamero ko no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. di nga!?!

    nyahahaha

    kaya pla puro lang karate nakita ko sa google search, pano ba yan beh? Mushu daw yung pangalan ng sidekick ni Mulan...

    mushu sa ilongo, pag pumasok ka sa palikuran eh... haha

    ReplyDelete